Patrick Torres has been selected as the next principal for Saginaw High School. He replaces Dr. David Priddy, who was named as the executive director for educational services for the District in May of this year.
If you are in need of assistance with school supplies for the upcoming school year, then don’t forget to register for the “Back to School Fair” at Community Link of Saginaw — (817) 847-4554
Saturday, August 16, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
School supplies will be provided to eligible students in grades pre-K through 12th attending school in Northwest Tarrant County. Backpacks will also be provided to children grades pre-K through 5th grade.
Event Details: Potential Services and Activities*
- Free school supplies will be given to approximately 1,200 students in pre-K through 12th grade
- Backpacks will also be provided to children grades pre-K through 5th grade
- Free haircuts for school children
- Free vision screenings and glasses on site
- Free immunizations for schoolchildren on site
- Shoes and socks for school children
- Kids’ activities, games, music, food and interactive demonstrations and booths
- Community resource booths will offer information on such topics as parenting, nutrition, fire safety, and social services.
Recipients of free school supplies must be public school children (ages 4-18) who reside in 76052, 76114, 76131, 76135, 76137 and 76179 and whose families meet the 2014 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.